Here you will find some commonly asked questions to our City Attorney.

If I have questions about my municipal court case, who should I speak with?

Please contact the Municipal Court about questions regarding any municipal court matters. The City Attorney does not prosecute municipal cases. 

If I have a legal question or need legal advice, can the City Attorney help me?

The City Attorney is not permitted to provide legal advice to citizens. The Colorado Bar is a good resource for finding a private attorney to assist you.

What is the difference between the City Attorney, the prosecuting attorney, and the District Attorney?

The City Attorney advises the City on a wide range of legal matters. The prosecuting attorney works with the Municipal Court and prosecutes violations of Fountain Municipal Code/Ordinances, traffic, and minor criminal violations. The 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office prosecutes all other alleged criminal violations in El Paso and Teller counties.

Who do I call to report a crime? How do I report a potential violation of the Fountain City Code?

Information regarding reporting code violations, crimes, potholes, utility outages, or ADA inquiries, visit Report a…